A Touch of Beauty

05.03.2018


Lourdes.


I, Daniel Blake.


Fire at Sea.

A while ago, I was invited to present a lecture and coordinate a workshop at A Touch of Beauty, a meeting on art and spirituality organised by the Dominican family in Slovakia. It will take place this week in Banská Štiavnica. My talk will be on Saturday, 10 March, and it is untitled “The Splendour of Faith: Appreciating Lourdes (2009) and I, Daniel Blake (2016)”. The workshop will be in the afternoon of the same day. We shall work with the film Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare, 2016), directed by Gianfranco Rosi, and concentrate on the topic of hope. This research is part of my dissertation for the MA (Res) in Theology at Durham University. More information on the website of the Slovak Congregation of Dominican Sisters of St. Imelda here and here.